Haven’t heard from us since we arrived back in the US? and what
does that mean? Means a life of a sick
family (after changing from 90F degree weather to 40F-50F degree weather)
finding a roof for our heads, getting settled into said roof, re-adjusting to
our “new” surroundings, experiencing reverse culture shocks, and living the American dream.
All that to say that we really are doing well and being
blessed by our Amazing God!
Another reason for our absence from being online has been
not having access to internet service. 9
days after our arrival back to the US we moved into an apartment that will be
our home for the next 6 months. Oh, and I just realized that today we have been in our apartment for exactly 1 month! After a
few complications with getting internet service, we are finally got online last week!
Since it has been a while since my last post, I’m giving my
planner a look and going to give you some highlights of the last month of our return to the US.
Moving Day – After a very restful week staying at my
friends’ hotel, we moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in the Everett/Mukilteo
area. The feeling I had was like I was a
20 year old and moving into my own 1st apartment; exciting,
thrilling, and a little unknown. The biggest blessing has been watching our
apartment fill with furniture, kitchen items, toys, clothes, linens, and all
the little “stuff” that makes a house a home because of the generosity of
friends and family. We have not even
spent more than a few dollars and we have everything (and more Sheraz would
say) that we could want.
Mom’s award – On a Wednesday evening I got a Facebook
message from a co-worker of my mom to let me know that my mom was getting the "Joe Alberstons Employee of the Year Award" from Albertsons and could we surprise her and be there on Friday
morning. My answer, Of Course We Will Be There! (those who know me, know I LOVE surprising other people...especially my mother!). After being out of the country for 2 1/2 years, it was SO special to be in the country for this wonderful occasion to honor my mom and her hard work for Alberstons for over 25 years!
Coffee, Lunch & Dinners Dates - As an extrovert I completely enjoy this season of seeing friends and family and sharing a meal together. My calendar is full of these dates over the month and more to come, so this fills my heart to spend quality time together. I have been so 'in the moment' that I have neglected to take pictures along the way. Can hardly believe there is only about 20 pictures since we returned to the US. Time to get the camera out a little more! Here are what I've got so far...
For those of you in the Washington area (or the US in general) and would like mine or Sheraz's new mobile numbers, please email me at jennifergakhtar@gmail.com. We would love to hear from you and plan a time to get together!
(Kept telling myself to get a new blog post written...
...as soon as we have our internet
...by the end of March
...this Saturday
And so finally getting this out I get to check it off my "To-Do" List.)
Living the dream,
Jennifer


No comments:
Post a Comment