This weeks post is sort-of a Part 2 of my last post. After my thoughts about how God has provided "things" and finances, He then showed me how He has provided relationships in abundance and many close friendships in these 2 years as well.
When we arrived at the Chiang Mai airport on October 9th, 2011, we came out of the Arrivals door and were on our own. With two 4 month olds, one 4 year old, and 8+ heavy bags carrying all of our earthly possessions we found 2 taxis and made our way to the only place we knew in Chiang Mai...Payap University.
Fast forward to 2 1/2 years later, after dropping off Hope at school a few weeks back our truck was making a VERY loud noise and so I pulled into a gas station. Of course that was the morning that Sheraz was at his very important appointment to defend his Master's thesis at Payap University. So, I made 1 phone call to a friend from Hope's school and 10 minutes later I have 2 guys from the school and a couple other friends right by my side...AMAZING!
An hour or so later I was sitting in the mechanic shop waiting as my truck was being fixed (at a great price I might add). The TV is on...in Thai language, there are magazines on the table...in Thai language, my phone battery...is low. So I was forced to sit and think without any distractions...this is not something I am used to (maybe some of you can relate). I reflected on all the friendships that God has given me and our family since our lonely arrival. Some have been acquaintances, some have provided a sounding board as a mom, and a handful have even created deep close bonds that will last my lifetime. As I sat there I even started to cry thinking how blessed I am to have all of these people in my life here, and at the realization that one of these friends was also leaving the country in just a few days. It was so good to take a moment to really FEEL my emotions, then had to "pull it back in" so the mechanic didn't worry that I was crying about my truck.
Whenever I read a book, have a good/bad customer service experience, have a conflict with someone, do a bible study, even watch TV shows; everything that I go through and learn always comes back to relationships. God is a God of relationships, it is the most important concept while we are here; 1st with Him and 2nd with others. God is my provider for all the "things" in life, and most important than any-'thing' is that He provides relationships. To those of you reading this in CM (or used to be in CM) please know that even if we have only met once or many times, I am so unspeakably grateful to God for providing you in my life here.
(Side Note: A week after our this truck incident, we sold our truck in great working order! This is a great blessings as this is the main "item" that needed to be sold before we leave Thailand.)
As for an update about our family planning returning to the US:
Car seats - all have been provided!
Housing - Still praying for and believing for a more permanent housing option during our 6 months there. We have a reservation at my good friends hotel for when we arrive up to 2 weeks. Once we get there the search for a place will be in full swing.
(If you know of any short term, missionary housing that might be available in the Seattle area, please let me know.)
Transportation - we will have a car available for the 1st week or so, but will need more permanent transportation solution. If you or someone you know who would be willing to lend your vehicle for 6 months. Or if you or someone you know have an older good running vehicle for sale at a reasonable price.
If you are able to assist us in any of these areas, please email me at jennifergakhtar@gmail.com or connect with me on Facebook.
I personally would like to ask for your prayers as I am now without a vehicle and home most everyday with Zarah & Keziah. Also, I am again in the process of selling all our household items which is a slow and exhausting process. And then there is the packing...oh the packing...please pray for me!
We will keep you updated through this blog or FB as I can over the coming weeks.
Here we go again...my life as a Traveling Mother,
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment