Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's official, 6 weeks until take off!

Tickets are officially booked and paid for!  We leave Chiang Mai at 11:55pm on February 28th and arrive in Seattle at 11:00am March 1st.  What seems like just a few hours in between is actually more than 24 hours of travel time.

And so it begins, we had our 1st major yard sale today and the next one is already in the planning.  As we enter this phase of transitioning, there is a lot of making-do with what we have on hand.  As I am cleaning and purging through toys, clothes, arts & crafts, etc., etc. I am reminded again how amazing God is in providing more than our needs.  

2 1/2 years ago, we came here with just our bags (and they were mostly filled with formula for the twins),   
...and now we have a houseful.

A few months back I was hanging towels out to dry and as I looked at my kitchen towels my thought was "wow, these towels are in bad condition, but don't really have the finances to buy any right now.
...30 minutes after that conversation in my mind I received a care package from my Aunt Jill which included 2 brand new Kitchen Towels!

Just a few short weeks ago I wrote an email asking for prayer for finances for 5 airfare tickets.  The dollar amount seemed so huge, 
...but sure enough He provided all the money we needed to buy our tickets through our generous supporters.

I am so thankful for these constant reminders of how much God loves me and my family.  Whether it is something so small as kitchen towels or something huge like $5,000+ for airline tickets, we can completely trust that He sees our needs and wants.  

If you are living in the Seattle area and reading this blog, please consider these ways we are still in need

1. Housing starting on March 1st for anywhere from 1-7 months.  Ideally we would like to find a source for missionary housing, but also looking to sublet something furnished.  We are open to other options, i.e. Mother-in-law basement, or apartments / condos for rent.

2. Two carseats for Zarah & Keziah that you could give to us or sell at a low price.  They are 2 1/2 years old / 23 & 24 pounds, so something like the pictures below would work.

Please email me at jennifergakhtar@gmail.com about either of these 2 areas of need for our family during our furlough time.

So now I wait and watch God in action, it is truly A-Mazing to watch Him work in our lives and for our family.  I will keep you posted on the ... for updates on how He provides these needs for us. 

Here we go again!
This is my life as a traveling mommy!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment