Now that our little family is living away from home, I decided to make a traditional Thanksgiving meal from scratch this year. After 3 days of prep work and cooking, I now have a much better appreciation for all the hard work that goes into the food that I have eaten over the last 37 years.
As we sat down to eat our spread we went around to give thanks in our life. Even though our 3 girls are small now, I look forward to the years to come and what they will choose to be thankful for in life. This year Hope is thankful for our family and school, Keziah is thankful for her Didi (which is her big sister Hope), and Zarah is thankful for mommy.
Here is a glimpse of our time together...
What am I thankful for? Too much to list here, but I think most of all it's that which I didn't even ask for. The little things and the big things that God has put into my life. Creating these memories with our family means so much to me and hopefully someday they will be meaningful to them.
Please visit my other blog Creating Life From Scratch for my recipes.

What a feast it must have been!!! Family in a new land thanking God for all the blessings of the past year.
ReplyDelete