When our family first arrived in Chiang Mai we met a very nice woman at the Payap University church who is the chaplain for the nursing program. After mentioning interest in her chapel meeting, she asked me to share a devotion. Today was my scheduled day to share, and it was really amazing to share the Word of God with a room full of students where 90% of them are Buddhist! Since I had not been to this chapel meeting before, I didn't really know how large or small the group would be. As I was preparing my notes, I kept wondering about this group, but then I just kept listening to what the Lord was showing me to write down. It was such a wonderful feeling knowing that what I had prepared to talk about was from the Lord, my nerves were very calm.
We got to the chapel on time, had a time of worship, and I shared what the Lord has been showing me about His Joy. The group was about 80 students, and my friend shared with me that they are mostly Buddhist. As the chaplain for a Christian University she encourages all the students to come to chapel every day...even if they sleep through it! I love her zeal for the gospel, knowing that it is so powerful it will penetrate their spirit even if they sleep.
So through this blog I would like to ask you to pray for my friend Jew, who is the chaplain, she is doing such a good work with these students. She has a lot of work and responsibilities, so please pray for her to have strength, courage, and the Word of God on her lips. Pray for all the students who sit in this chapel day after day. Pray the gospel of the Lord to speak to their hearts so that they may know and understand the love and sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I am looking forward to more opportunities to share His Word with them in the future! Praise God!
Do the Buddhists get to share their beliefs as well?
ReplyDelete