There are 2 things I have had on my "To-Do" list for weeks now. One is a new blog post and the second is potty training twins. The first item I really do enjoy... updating my blog, but when I get a week or more behind it becomes hard to get back on track. The latter of the two I have been avoiding by using the summer and a birthday party to put it off...more than understandable, RIGHT?!
So, here I am on the eve of finally having potty training on my calendar. We have blocked off 1-4 days, have the chair, purchased treats, stuffed animals are dressed in underwear ready to go, and even sequestered my helpful husband! How do I feel? Well, that would be the reason I am finally getting a blog post done...I am asking for you to pray for us these next few days. Potty training Hope was one of the "mom" duties that terrified me, and now here we are ready for the twins turn. To give you some perspective on how much I dread potty training, even when I was pregnant with twins I thought about having to potty train them in 2 years! Even just posting this before I start is a step of faith that I can DO this, instead of waiting until after it's done.
If you have any encouragement, please post it in the comments below, especially if you have potty trained twins! I appreciate you caring and praying for us as we encounter life's terrifying moments. Also, there are a couple of posts to update you on how we are doing that I have been working on and I will try to get them done very soon.
I will update you next weekend on how it all goes. Here we go...
This is my potty-terrifying life as a traveling mom,
Jennifer

Jennifer I will be praying! Potty Training is my least favorite mom task. Hopefully the girls will help encourage each other. It may be a big fun party :o)
ReplyDeleteWe will be on that journey with Luke come Feb. Yikes I can't believe he is almost 2. Kids grow so fast!
Know I am praying and here cheering you on. I will keep an eye on your blog for the success story. Say hi to everyone from us!
Coleen
Jennifer, I have never potty trained twins, but one thing I do know is that every child is different (probably even if they're twins:-). And potty training and eating are the 2 main things in life that kids CAN control and we cant MAKE THEM do either one, if they're not willing. If they're not cooperating (or even if just one of them isn't) I would do my best not to push the issue. Especially if the said child is "strong willed" at all. Darrian was pretty easy to train, Sidney was a little more opinionated. I took people's advice and tried not to push the issue, and when she was ready it didn't take her long at all. But especially now knowing how strong willed Sidney is still at 13 yrs old:-) . . . . . .I can only imagine what my life would have been like if I had pushed the issue:-) hopefully, your girls will be little angels for you and it will all work out just great!!! Good Luck, I'll be praying for a fairly easy, yet successful journey for you all.
ReplyDelete