Sunday, April 21, 2013

What's been going on?

Again, it's been awhile since my last post...I think I'm just going to use the excuse that's it just been too darn HOT!  My western Washington bones are melting and aching for a good rain!  

So, what's been going on with us lately?  Let's start with our youngest girls.  As I write this it is 1 month until their 2nd birthday, and it is so hard to believe that they really aren't "babies" anymore.  Lately they have really been becoming little girls by saying words we actually understand, being able to ask them a simple questions and having them answer yes or no, playing at the play area on their own, less nap time sleeping, figuring out how to play with their more 'complicated' toys, loving to go swimming at the pool, and giving the cutest smiles at just the right moment!



Hope is just finishing up the 2 week holiday and heading back to school on Monday (Yea!). This 2 week break is for the water festival called Songkran here in Thailand, it's also about the same time as the American spring break.  We were able to keep quite busy these last 2 weeks mostly going to local pools to cool off or taking a dip in our little blow up yard pool.  To get me through this break from school I came up with "Hope's Daily 20's", which was a list of activities for Hope to do when she was "bored" or watching too much TV.  This is what the list included:
  • 20 minutes reading books
  • 20 minutes doing activity books
  • 20 minutes practice riding bike
  • 20 minutes cleaning/organizing/straightening
  • 20 minutes of exercise (swimming or Wii)
  • 20 minutes of resting
Although I do have to admit that she did NOT have 1 day of doing them all, it was a good idea to start this up and I can see it in the future this summer to get me through 2 months without going to school. Hope also recently lost her 2nd tooth by Sheraz pulling it because it was just hanging there...oh boy, there was blood and there was dramatic screaming!  The funny thing is that when her 1st tooth was loose and we started to discuss the tooth fairy, she said "God didn't make fairies, they're not real!"...oh boy we have taught her too well about the Truth!  So we (Hope & I) decided we would make believe and play the tooth fairy so she could enjoy the fun of putting teeth under her pillow at night and getting some money.  So far the tooth fairy in our house pays 35 Baht per tooth (that's about $1).  I think it's fun that she gets her money in Thai Baht for now, what a fun memory for her when she grows up! 



As for me, my last post was all about my cooking skills, but since the hot season of at least 100F has been going on, unfortunately the kitchen is the last room I want to spend any time.  To get me back into the mood of cooking, I've been trying to find recipes on Pinterest that Do Not include turning my oven on.  (If you have any favorite recipes that fall into this category, please share them!)  I'm thinking...Rice Crispy Treats!  Also, I have been trying to improve on my eating and exercise habits lately and this has been a great week.  The trick is that I have to get up early, before 7:00am to get a workout in before the temperature heats up too much.  May is a busy birthday month for us with Sheraz's on the 1st and then the twins on the 20th, so that will probably be taking up my time for the coming weeks.  

And finally Sheraz...well, it's probably the same as always...schoolwork, schoolwork, and some more schoolwork.  Currently he is researching and writing for his thesis paper, which is a good sign that he is at the end of his master's program for the TESOL degree.  

As I mentioned above, it is summer time here and at least 100F everyday, so a water festival that is a giant water fight was very refreshing!  Here are some highlight pictures from our adventure into the fun of a city-wide water fight.



Thanks for checking in on us!  Have a great week, I hope to keep my momentum of another post soon ;-).

(P.S. The air quality has improved with a few good breezy days/evenings and less burning, thank you for your prayers for our families health!)

No comments:

Post a Comment