#1.The first day we moved in, we were able to meet our next door neighbor. His English name is Dick, he speaks English very well, and he's Muslim.
#2.Behind our house there is a field, and just beyond that field is a Buddhist temple. We can hear the prayers and chanting on a daily basis.
During our first week or so, while in my kitchen doing the dishes I heard the chanting. The Lord spoke to my heart & said I should be singing worship music whenever I hear them. So immediately I started whatever song came into my mind (thankfully I was the only person in the room!).
Every word we speak or sing in the name of Jesus does work in the spiritual realm. We may not physically see with our eyes what our presence in this location does, but I KNOW that there is work to be done in the spiritual realm.
Also, I challenge you to see what your presence means where you are currently planted. Who is God trying to use you to reach? I remember from a sermon some time back from our pastor at CGS. He spoke about a young man who had come to his door to do ask if he could do some work (take out the garbage maybe?). His first reaction was to say no, because it was a task he was capable of doing. But his wife, heard what was going on & stepped in to say that it was a great idea for this boy to help their family. Later, our pastor was able to share with the boy about a camp experience & how the boy had experienced God's hand. I think this story stayed with me because it is a great example of being a part of where you are planted for the glory of God.
Where are you planted? Why?
If you have a story to share about where you are planted, please leave a comment!
| The view from our back wall. |
We are completely in the process of discovering why we are here in France...besides being near family and being salt and light there...which is huge. But I've become friends with a Chinese gal who is married to a French guy. She came to faith in Christ in China through American's who were there sharing the gospel. Since being in France she has not met other people who really love Jesus. I think it's amazing that given my heart for China, God has brought me into this relationship and i'm getting to participate in watering instead of planting. -heather
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer, it took me a little while to get my Google account back up and running. I just read through all of your posts this morning. Thank you so much for chronicling everything for us! And thank you for the pictures - awesome! I have been thinking about you and your family frequently and I am so happy that you are settling in somewhat smoothly. I also still have that letter I was going to send before you left. I will get that to you by Christmas. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We love you! -Tamara
ReplyDelete